Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Project Sneak Peak

Here's a glimpse at an e-design project I recently finished!


 (click to enlarge) 

The homeowners tastes are pretty traditional and somewhat rustic and country-inspired. They live in a home that was built to resemble a barn that is located on a ranch and is just yards away from a beautiful flowing creek. Their landscape in the Spring and Summer really is something else! Take a peak;




The only existing items that I wanted to incorporate into the design of the room where the light pine furniture pieces that were handmade by my client's husband which included a coffee table, side table and tv console as well as her collection of barn art. Everything else was fair game! I selected neutral furnishings to compliment the dark gray-green paint color I picked out. The 'wow-factor' in the room will be the rust colored drapery panels hung on the wall with three sliding glass doors that look out to the creek and farmland. I suggested covering up their existing dated brick fireplace wall with Eldorado stone and also designed some additional custom pieces (like the desk and closet doors) for the husband to fabricate. The homeowners are in the process of executing my design as we speak. Once the project has been completed I can't wait to show you the 'before & after's'!

Related Posts with Thumbnails