Thursday, February 2, 2012

Living Room Snippet

I've been hesitant for a long while to share any pictures of my living room as I feel like it's a constant work in progress. After Christmas I did a little rearranging and acquiring of a couple new pieces so I feel like I am slowly getting it to the point where it's worthy of photographing. Here's a quick little snippet I thought I would share with ya!


The oak end table is a hand-me-down from my mom and I'm still debating on what I should do with it. Refinish it? Paint it? Leave it? Hmmm. . . The lamp is from Target and the white drapes are my favorite Ikea White Merete Panels. I made the Suzani inspired pillow out of a napkin if you can believe it! (More on that here) The 'artwork' is something I put together as well. Here's a closeup;


I used a frame and mat I already had stored in a closet and a note card that I had in my stash of thank you notes. I loved the bold and funky pattern so much and thought it would be a fun addition to the living room. I just mounted it right on top of a piece of white cardstock and popped it in the frame for a layered-mat look. I adore the way it coordinates with my new turquoise glass lamp!

So there you have it, one of the first glimpses into my living room. Whata ya think?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails