Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Accessorizing 101: The Tray

Serving trays are honestly one of my favorite decorative accessories.When I look around I notice that I have at least one tray in every room of my house! There's one on the console at the entry, one on the ottoman in the living room, one of top of the bar in the kitchen, one on the bathroom counter, in the bedroom on the dresser, etc, etc. Trays are not only a great accessory, they are the best organizers out there!

via Caitlin Wilson
via Diane Bergeron
via Lonny Magazine
Coffee tables & ottomans are a great place to use trays. I have one in my living room and it holds magazines, books, remote controls, coasters and all that other stuff that piles up. Using a tray to coral the clutter makes a normal mess look a little more stylish, don't you think?!

via Isuwanee
via Lonny Magazine
via Decorpad
via Flickr
via Country Living
via The Vintique Object
Trays are also great when you have a 'spot' you don't know how to fill, whether it be on top of a dresser, a counter that just needs a little oomph, a nightstand, wherever. Add a tray and a couple of other decorative accessories and you have an instant vignette!

via Decorpad
via Houzz

via Decorpad
via Decorpad
I like to shop for trays at thrift stores, discount stores or places like Target and World Market in order to find them for as affordable as possible. Check out this round tray I found at Ross for $4.99. Originally it was blue but I spray painted it yellow for a fun pop of color in my bathroom! 


Do you use trays to decorate or for adding function in your home? Where is your favorite spot to plop down a tray and fill 'er up?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails