Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Decor Around My House

Hey ya'll! It's the Tuesday before Christmas and I am finally getting around to taking some pictures of the decorations I put up this year. As most of you know our house is pretty small but I've managed to get the living room and dining room looking as festive as possible given the limited space that we have. This year I went with a turquoise, silver and lime green theme. I also incorporated white starfish and lots of burlap into the holiday decorations. Take a peak;










I made the wreath and stockings myself using burlap fabric left over from my wedding. I made the 'Merry Christmas' banner over the fireplace by tracing letters onto brown paper bags, cutting them out and stringing them on twine. I also made the tree skirt and bows on the tree out of the leftover burlap fabric and the white starfish are also leftover from the wedding. I picked through my existing ornament collection and pulled out all of the turquoise, silver and lime green ones so I didn't have to spend any money on new ornaments this year. You might have seen my chandelier adorned with ornaments already (I shared it with you here a couple weeks ago.) During the holidays I like to burn candles in the fireplace to give the room a nice cozy feel, since we can't have real fires.

So what do you think?! I love the way everything came together and was happy I decided to change things up and not use any red this year! What about you, do you stick to the tried and true green and red color combo when decorating for Christmas? Or are you a rule breaker and try out new things each year? Please share!
Related Posts with Thumbnails