Monday, August 8, 2011

Mirror Shopping

My  new chandelier in finally hanging over the dining table and it looks fantastic! It's just the motivation I needed to get going on some other updates to the space. Currently the wall behind the dining table has an oversized clock that looked great in 2008 when I purchased it, but it's time for it to go! I listed it on Craigslist and am on the hunt for something to replace it. I think a large mirror would really look great hanging on the wall in the dining area and would reflect the light of my pretty new chandy, just perfectly! Like every decision in my own home, I take a while to ponder it, change my mind 50 times, and then ponder it someone. (Decorating other people's homes is so much easier than decorating your own!)

I could go with the tried and true, always popular sunburst mirror like one of these:

available here

available here

You know I love anything beach-inspired, so the idea of a driftwood mirror gets me excited! Here's a few that would fit the bill;

 available here

This one below from Crate & Barrel is on my wedding gift registery :)
 available here

This quatrefoil mirror from Lowes would look great too. . . (I blogged about it here a while back.) It's super affordable but high on style! I also love that it's not completely round or square, a shape that would definitely add interest to the small space I am working with.
 available here

I also think a capiz shell mirror would look spectacular in the space, and I am really leaning towards something like this; 

 available here

Too bad this gorgeous mirror is a little out of my budget! Here's another popular mirror that always looks great in every room I see it in; 

available here
But now that I think about it, my new chandelier with the crystal balls and sleek crome finish is more on the glamourous side of the spectrum. Maybe I should go with something that compliments it like one of these;

 available here

available here

Since my dining area is really a blank slate when it comes to the wall decor and accessories, the mirror I choose will set the stage for the rest of the space. After weighing all of my options, I think I have decided. . . . that I need to go to Homegoods and check out their mirror selection! I can always find great, stylish mirrors that are sometimes half the price of what you would pay retail, and you know I love a good bargain. Wish me luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails