Monday, August 15, 2011

House Envy

This Nantucket beach house was featured in Elle Decor recently and I just can't get it out of my head! To me, it is the perfect balance of contemporary and casual beach style living.

 I love the built in desk flanking the fireplace and the sense of balance that this library achieves.

 The family room features a low, sleek sectional sofa with throw pillows that add pops of playful color. I'm all about keeping the big ticket items (like upholstery) neutral and adding touches of color by means of accessories!!!

The breakfast area features my favorite tulip chairs. Love those white wood planked walls!

This home is located just a walkway through the dunes away from the ocean. Sigh!

Can't you just see yourself cooking in this kitchen?! I sure can.

Again, we see nuetral furnishings and pops of color in the pillows and accessories. This master bedroom is light, bright and airy.

Lucite desk. What more can I say?!

How fun is this children's space?! Loves the strips and pops of blue and turquoise.

Gorgeous, luxurious, minimalist bathroom. Again, sighhhhh!

So what did you think of this beautiful beach home? Not too shabby, eh?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails