Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trend Alert: Mexican Blanket Upholstery

I may be going out on a limb here, but have you ever ridden in an old Fold pick up truck with a bench seat that was reupholstered with a Mexican blanket? You know. . . something like this:


Well, who would have thought that the concept behind this cheap and easy fix for an old worn out car seat would find it's way into high-end interior design?! Lately I've been seeing Mexican blankets, used as a stylish upholstery fabric, popping up all over the place. 


via Cococozy

via Nick Olsen 

 via Unknown

via Isuwannee

I have a large assortment of these colorful blankets I've collected over the years. They all range in size, color, softness and thickness. (Some are a little more scratchy and stiff, while others are definitely snuggle worthy!) I use them for picnics, taking to outdoor concerts or the beach, cuddling on the sofa, and yoga mostly.

via Etsy Shop: Estate Hound

I'd imagine the soft, thin, colorful ones would make for a great upholstery project, don't you think?! What do you think about this trend?

Related Posts with Thumbnails