Thursday, April 7, 2011

Project Update: 10 year Old Girl's Room

I needed a little kick in the pants to get started on the latest project I am tackling around my house (that you read more about here.) So I did what I always do to get myself motivated - come up with a plan! Here's a sneak peak at what I have in store for my soon-to-be ten year old stepdaughter's bedroom:

Floor Plan

Design Concept Board

The desk, dresser and tall bookshelf are allready in the room, but will be getting fresh new coats of paint! I plan on purchasing a plain white duvet but use her existing red gingham dust ruffle. The rug is also existing, as is the lamp, bulletin board and yellow chevron pillows. I'm on the hunt for a new chair and hope to find something with a mid-century feel like this Bertoia Chair or a Panton Chair at a reasonable price. I am going to create a gallery wall of white framed art prints which I am really excited about! Also on the list is a DIY headboard, some floating shelves, a few new accessories and a new woven wood shade. 

So what do you think? Think she will love it?! Ok. . . now that the fun part is done, it's time to get to work! 


images in Design Concept Board via Young House Love, Centsational Girl, Pottery Barn, & Ikea

Related Posts with Thumbnails