Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - The Invitations!

Wedding invitations really do set the tone of the entire occasion in my opinion! They are the first thing that guests will see and give a clue as to what the look and feel of the wedding will be. As I mentioned before, my upcoming wedding is going to be one giant DIY project so of course I will be making the invitations myself!

We are having a beach ceremony and holding the reception at a private residence afterwords and I want the invitations to be a reflection of what the days events will be like. Since we are having a pretty low key, casual celebration I want the invitations to be pretty simple, but of course with a colorful, modern twist!

Here are some images I have in my inspiration files that I thought I would share with you this fine Wednesday!

I was inspired by the simplicity of this invitation (above.) I think the hemp/twine bow is just darling and I would like to incorporate this element in some way (whether it's a bow or wrapped around the invite, like in the images seen below.) 


 I absolutely adore these invitations! The use of the recycled, 'brown paper bag' envelopes and the hemp twine add an element of 'natural simplicity' while the yellow print screems 'fun and modern'!

These 'save the dates' below are really inspiring me! I love the look of the turquoise print on white cardstock and the typography layout is awesome!


I'm calling our wedding 'semi desitnational' since everyone will have to travel to the coast (but no more than a 2-4 hour drive for most) so including a map with the invitations will be important. I love the way this map looks below and it coordinates really well with the above invitation.


Of course these are all just 'ideas' at this point. We still have 8 months to go before we get married so I have some time to iron out the kinks in the design. If anyone has any tips for DIY'ing invitations, feel free to send them my way!

Images via Style Me Pretty and unknown
Related Posts with Thumbnails