Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Envelope Pillow Cover

After an afternoon sewing lesson with my mom on Saturday I was able to accomplish this all by myself last night;


Can you believe I sewed this gorgeous pillow myself?! I used these direction for sewing a simple envelope pillow cover and this fabric that I found for $6.39/yard. It was so easy in fact, I made two of them last night!

I work with a seamstress who typically fabricates all of my custom window treatments, pillows, cushions and more for my clients. But since I'm trying to do things on a tight budget around my own house, the cheapest way to do so is to do it yourself!

My first go around went well, although I think I need a little larger of a pillow form to insert into these (It's an 18" pillow cover and a 17" pillow form.) I'm still learning the ropes but am super excited that I can now sew my own pillows!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails