Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HGTV Design Star - Big thumbs down

I went an entire year without cable television. It was a great experience, honestly. But when the boyfriend and I purchased iphones earlier this Spring, we were suckered into adding on the AT&T U Verse package for just a few dollars extra a month. I was ecstatic because that meant I could watch the newest season of Design Star!



Well, each week I keep tuning in only to get more and more frustrated not only with the show, but with HGTV and cable television as a whole! It's utter crap! I thought I might have been the only one who thought this, but apparently the last few seasons have been disappointments to others as well. I linked to the HGTV's Design Star Facebook fanpage and I casually noticed that there were 233 'comments' on a post that was published only a few hours ago?! The comments range from "waste of time", "terrible season", to "very little talent" over and over again from people who are just as frustrated as I am.

I hope HGTV will take all of this into consideration and make some major changes if they continue to tape this show in the future. The entire concept of the show needs to be reworked, there needs to be more individual, realistic challenges, and the judges need to offer better feedback. In a word where everyone loves to see drama, caddy disagreaments and fighting on TV, it would be nice if HGTV could leave this crap out!

Any one else with me on this?! I know these discussions probably went on last year about the show, but like I said, I was living under a rock, without cable television. I am seriously considering cutting it off, AGAIN.
Related Posts with Thumbnails