Monday, May 10, 2010

Thrifting in Santa Cruz

I spent Mother's Day weekend with my boyfriend and my family in Santa Cruz. It's a tradition in my family to head to the beach every Mother's Day so this year we made the short trek again. You might remember me mentioning that I am helping my sister (who lives in a townhouse two blocks from the beach) redecorate her second story living area. I delivered the table to her this weekend (that I blogged about here) and now we were on the hunt for two chairs to go with it.

As we drove around town Saturday we kept our eyes peeled for garage sales in hopes to find something at a reasonable price. We spotted an antique store and take a look at what we found inside!

Chairs, chairs, and even more chairs! Too bad most of them had price tags over $50 and still needed some TLC. We were trying to keep our budget at around $30 for two chairs.

We spotted these already made over beauties, a pair of painted latter back chairs. Unfortunately they came as a set of four for $100 and the owner of the shop wouldn't split up the set. Darn it!


Next we hit up a flea market in downtown Santa Cruz. I could spend all day there trolling around and looking at all the hidden treasures!


Take a look at what we found there. . .

Two sturdy bentwood chairs for a grand total of. . . wait. . . $15!!! Jackpot! I plan to paint them a glossy white (they are currently chipped in several spots) and recover the seats in a fun fabric.

I'll share more on this project later! I hope all you moma's out there had a wonderful Mother's day!
Related Posts with Thumbnails