Thursday, October 8, 2009

What you get for $3.7 mil. in Capitola, California


Last weekend I visited my sister in Santa Cruz and spent an afternoon in Capitola which I blogged about here. We had a great day, shopping, eating, drinking, being touristy and what not. But leave it to me to be able to spot a "open house" sign wherever I go! Of course we had to stop in and take a look!



Check out what we found inside;








It's a four story piece of prime real estate on California's coast. The lot that this home sits on is a mere 1,307 square feet. The home however is a total of 3,113 sq. feet but the first two levels are convereted to studio apartments that you could either rent out to help pay the MASSIVE mortgage, or use as guest suites. Both of these levels are accessible from the back side of the house. The front of the house leads you to the front door of this recently remodeled beauty. After entering on the third story you find a den (that they have staged as a playroom for kids), two bedrooms with a jack and jill bathroom, a half bath complete with beautiful mosaic tile, and a glorious master suite. You take the staircase up to the fourth story of the structure where you find the main living area that includes an open kitchen, living and dining area, complete with a powder room. Overlooking the street there is a patio with a built in barbeque and the beach side of the property has bifolding glass doors that open up to the sensational views of the ocean.

What did I think? The staging was so-so, I would have done a few things differently, but non the less, it screamed "beachy-contemporary". While the kitchen is beautiful, I think it is a little too "trendy" in my opinion. All in all, it was a beautiful beach home in a well sought after area in Santa Cruz County. I'm curious to see how long it stays on the market or what it will end up selling for!! Hey, if I had an extra $3.7 million dollars laying around, I'd pick it up in a heart beat!
Related Posts with Thumbnails