Wednesday, October 7, 2009

JPM Design's 100th Post!


It's been about four months since I accidentally stumbled into the wonderful world of blogging. You see, up until that point back in June, I had no idea such a large community of talented individuals even existed. To be honest, I didn't even really know what a blog was! Well. . . here I am, 100 posts later and I feel like I am finally beginning to get the hang of this blogging thing! I am not sure what I enjoy most; reading other people's blogs or attempting to create one of my own, but all in all, it's an amazing experience with so many aspects that I love! It fills a void in my design loving heart. I feel like I have learned so much in the last four months and I am looking forward to growing this little baby seed of a blog!

With that said, let me get back to why I am here, which is to tell you a little bit about my weekend. . . So last weekend I went to Santa Cruz to visit my sister for the weekend. For those who don't already know, Santa Cruz is my favoritest town in California and I would move there in a heartbeat. (Why don't I? Well, lets just put it this way, my sister and her roommates pay more than twice in rent of what I pay in a mortgage living in the valley. BUT, this is what she sees when she walks out her front door and turns to the left;

I think it's worth every penny, don't you?!

Anyways, we decided to go into Capitola on Saturday to do a little shopping and what not. Capitola is just a little east from Santa Cruz, going around the Monterrey Bay and only takes about 10 minutes from my sister's house. It's a cute little town that draws tourists with it's trendy shops and restaurants right on the shore.





On the way to Capitola, you pass through Pleasure Point, which is a huge surf spot as well as the home to Jack O'Neill, founder of the O'Neill empire that basically invented the wetsuit in addition to starting the first "surf shop" back in the 50's. That's his house below;



And here's a few images from Pleasure Point (of course most of these pictures are via Flickr, I have been there so many times, you don't want to look "touristy" with your camera, especially when you are with a "local" (my sister) who roles her eyes the second I start digging through my purse looking for my camera. . .





So we hung out in Capitola, visiting my favorite restaurant there, Margaritaville. We sat out on the deck and sipped on delisiously stong beverages. They have the most amazing mosaic tile work there. Everything from the floor to the columns is covered in brightly colored mosaic works of art!



Here's a picture of probably the most recognizable architecture in Capitola. They are cute little vacation rentals right on the beach!



This is a home that we walked past that I absolutely adored;


It's just your typical beach cottage but check out the mosaic work they have going in their front yard! Love it!


I have more to share about my weekend in Santa Cruz so stay tuned!!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails