Monday, October 19, 2009

Apple Hill and all it's Autumn Festivies!


After reading this post from Katiedid's blog on Friday, we decided to make the trip up to Apple Hill on Sunday to get our annual dose of Fall festivities (instead of visiting the huge corn maze in Lathrop like I mentioned on Friday during this post ) I had never been up to Apple Hill (which is about an hour and a half north east of Lodi) and boy, I was in for a treat! It is compromised of about 50 apple farms, vineyards, wineries and breweries. They are particularly busy this time of year when people from Northern California flock there to experience all things autumn and apples! They have pumpkin patches, corn mazes, pony rides, craft fairs, train rides and of course amazing food! Aside from all the apple pies, carmel apples, apple cider, apple butter, apple fritters (I could go on, but I'll stop here) you can find some amazing bbq and beer. It's a great place to take kids, but would even be enjoyable for anyone wanting to get out and enjoy the crisp fall air and the beautiful countryside.

I had a disastrous thing happen last night when I was uploading pictures off of my camera and these where the only ones I was able to salvage. I was pretty upset, but all things aside, we can always go back next year and take more pictures. Needless to say, I will be going out today to purchase a new SD card and throw my existing one in the trash! You can check out applehill.com for more info on this great little slice of California.






Related Posts with Thumbnails